We are Hiring!
Title: Climate Change Coordinator for the Greater Peterborough Area
MAIN PURPOSE: Provide administration, coordination, and support Lura in assisting our client the Greater Peterborough Area in implementing the Greater Peterborough Area Climate Change Action Plan. As support for Lura Consulting, act as one-window contact for the Climate Change Action Plan project, attending meetings, providing minutes, and coordinating actions recommended in the Climate Change Action Plan. Support Municipalities and community members in reporting greenhouse gas reductions, actions, and activities. Respond to inquiries related to actions, projects, community activities based on knowledge of program, role and function of activities; or refer or redirect inquiries; administer the plan.
- Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) Reporting Tool: Prepare and maintain Climate Change Action Plan (CCAP) program, recording actions, progress, metrics, greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction measures through the Partners’ for Climate Protection Tool.
- Community Development: Facilitate and coordinate local community climate change actions.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support for community groups, working groups, or local organizations as they work through recommended actions, including minute taking, meeting support, correspondence, reporting and tracking.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support to all CCAP partners on GHG reduction opportunities, compare to provincial and federal programs and opportunities.
- Municipal Support: Assist partner municipalities and First Nations with their annual PCP reporting to track greenhouse gas emissions, compare again respective targets, track activities and programs, suggest and help make changes to programs where appropriate.
- Funding, Recognition, and Reporting Applications: Coordinate and prepare funding, recognition and reporting applications, complete required funding reports, track funding, allocate appropriately.
- Community Engagement: Engage with the community, promoting CCAP, actions, progress, through community outreach, social media, surveys, media coverage, or other opportunities as they arise.
- Research: Assisting in the review of national and international best practices for Community Climate Action Planning.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Requires completion of a four year honours university degree in an environmental based program, with some municipal office administration, community development or program management experience. Must have an intermediate skill level using word processing and data base management. Well-developed interpersonal, communication skills (both written and verbal); and the ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate a number of tasks at one time. Essential ability to work well in a team environment; and provide excellent customer service.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND COMPENSATION: This is full time position at 35 hours per week will be located at the County of Peterborough Court House, or other appointed office. Travel will be required, so the use of a vehicle is an asset, in order to attend community meetings throughout the Greater Peterborough Area. Mileage and expenses will be compensated. Employment position at $18.00/ per hour plus vacation and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume by August 25, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Climate Change Coordinator” in the subject line. We will not respond to telephone calls or calls from staffing agencies.