We are always interested in hearing from dynamic individuals who are interested in joining our team or collaborating with us on projects. We encourage you to send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Ambassadors (Casual, Part Time Positions)
Lura Consulting is a firm that specializes in public and stakeholder engagement. At any given time, we have multiple community engagement projects involving community planning, environmental, transportation and sustainability issues. Many of these projects involve “Community Ambassadors” who conduct outreach and engagement activities with stakeholders and the public in communities throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
We are establishing a roster of Community Ambassadors who will work on community engagement projects along with core staff from Lura . These are part time, causal positions, with ad hoc involvement in community engagement projects throughout 2018. These positions will be of interest to motivated students or individuals with an interest in community engagement and planning, and who would like to gain valuable project-related experience on a part time basis. Please note – there is no guarantee of any amount of work that may result from being included on the roster.
Part-Time/Occasional: Part-time hours, with many projects involving evening and weekend events
Locations: We will establish a roster for each of Lura’s Toronto and Hamilton offices
Compensation: $18/hour (plus stipend for vehicle use, if applicable)
Key Tasks – Community Ambassadors
- Assist with planning of community outreach and engagement activities
- Represent the Lura team as “the face” of a project at community events/locations
- Collect information from the public via surveys and manage flow of information to Lura team members
- Distribute project information and materials to residents in-person and online
- Assist with reporting and evaluation of community outreach activities
Qualifications to be a Community Ambassador are:
- Reside in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (a roster will be established for Toronto and Hamilton)
- Knowledge of community engagement and planning issues
- Relevant education or course work (planning, communications, community relations, etc.)
- Professional, outgoing, personable, reliable and comfortable and proficient in interacting with the public
- Well organized and able to work independently with little supervision
- Previous work experience in working with people in a community engagement or customer service role
- Knowledge and experience with social media and online communication (e.g., blogs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have access to your own computer with Microsoft Office and well versed in associated programs
- Have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s licence
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with Community Ambassador Roster (specifying either Hamilton or Toronto Office) in the subject line by April 29, 2018.
We thank everyone for applying but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not respond to telephone calls or calls from staffing agencies. We look forward to hearing from you.