We are always interested in hearing from dynamic individuals who are interested in joining our team or collaborating with us on projects. We encourage you to send us your CV to email@example.com.
Two Community Engagement Coordinators (1 Year Contract Positions)
Lura Consulting is a leading Canadian firm specializing in collaborative planning, public and stakeholder engagement. We are looking at hiring 2 candidates, one in our Hamilton office and one in our Toronto office. These positions will give you the opportunity to gain valuable, hands on work experience with an established consulting firm and leader in the field of community engagement, while further developing your own skill set. Each position will consist mostly of community engagement project support work (approximately 80%) but may also involve administrative and business development support (approximately 20%).
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Recent degree in planning, communications, public relations, environment/sustainability studies or related field (Masters considered an asset)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience with graphics software considered an asset)
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills (bilingualism considered an asset)
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work independently or within a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to act professionally in an office environment and interacting with the public (e.g., at community meetings and events)
- Relevant experience relating to Lura’s services (e.g., community engagement, facilitation, public engagement processes and community-based planning)
- Understanding of best practices of public engagement and communications
- Demonstrated analysis and report-writing capabilities
- Previous experience in a consulting setting preferred but not essential
- Eligibility for an ECO Canada Grant is an asset
Compensation and Typical Workweek:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In some cases there may be meetings, assignments or other project work where we would need you to work on evenings or weekends. We anticipate that the position would require 37.5 hours per week on average.
Deadline for Applications: September 29, 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank everyone for applying but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, include “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line and specify which office you’d prefer to work from. We will not respond to telephone calls or calls from staffing agencies.
We look forward to hearing from you.