We are always interested in hearing from dynamic individuals who are interested in joining our team or collaborating with us on projects. We encourage you to send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Opening – Communications Coordinator (1 Year Contract Position)
Lura Consulting is a leading Canadian firm specializing in collaborative planning, public and stakeholder engagement. We are hiring a Communications Coordinator with 1-3 years of relevant experience to work out of the project office for a large transportation infrastructure construction project in Vaughan, Ontario. The position will give you the opportunity to gain valuable, hands on work experience with an established consulting firm and leader in the field of community engagement and outreach, while further developing your own skill set. For the most part, the successful applicant will work as Communications Coordinator on one major transportation infrastructure construction project, but may also be involved in other projects, administrative or business development work from time to time.
Qualifications and Expectations:
· Recent degree in planning, communications, public relations, or related field (Masters considered an asset)
· 1-3 years experience in communications with stakeholders and the broader community
· Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience with graphics software considered an asset)
· Excellent writing and oral communications skills (bilingualism considered an asset)
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work independently or within a team to meet deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to act professionally in an office environment and interacting with the public
(e.g., at community meetings and events)
· Familiarity with Lura’s service areas (community outreach/engagement, facilitation, public engagement processes and community-based planning)
· Understanding of public engagement and communications best practices
· Demonstrated analysis and report-writing capabilities
· Previous experience in a consulting setting preferred but not essential
· Driver’s license as travel is required to the project office in Vaughan, Ontario
· Eligibility for an ECO Canada Grant is an asset
Compensation and Typical Workweek:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In some cases, there may be meetings, assignments or other project work where we would need you to work on evenings or weekends. We anticipate that the position would require 37.5 hours per week on average.
Deadline for Applications: June 29, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank everyone for applying but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume to email@example.com, include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line and specify which office you’d prefer to work from. We will not respond to telephone calls or calls from staffing agencies. We look forward to hearing from you.